Monday, September 17, 2012

MEATLESS MONDAY

Coleslaw has never been one of my favorite dishes. Through the years I've tried many versions but still remained lukewarm. The "hubby",on the other hand, is a huge coleslaw fan, prompting me to continue to search for the elusive "best coleslaw recipe". Today's recipe comes really close. I ran upon it in an issue of SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS as I went through my summer magazines tearing out recipes to get ready for recycling. Using the shredded coleslaw already bagged from the grocery store is a real time saver. As with most coleslaws, it tastes better the next day after the flavors have had time to mesh together.

HONEY MUSTARD COLESLAW
1 pkg.(14 oz.) coleslaw mix
1/2 c. mayonnaise (I used Hellman's Light)
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
1/8 tsp. celery seed

Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients.
Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment