Thursday, January 5, 2012

THIRSTY THURSDAY

Today I share 2 recipes. One I found in the food insert of the newspaper this week. It fits in the "healthy drinks" category. The other we received as a Christmas gift and I definitely think it is worth passing along as a "warming Winter drink".
Last year I published a whole series of healthy smoothies. Most of these had fresh or frozen fruit added. These smoothie ideas also add veggies (interesting). I definitely plan to give them a try!
TANGERINE PINEAPPLE AND STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
Freshly squeezed tangerine juice, plain yogurt, fresh pineapple, frozen blueberries, flax seeds and banana.
APPLE-KALE SMOOTHIE
Orange juice, fresh ginger, apple and kale.

Use more or less of what you like!
Remember to add the liquid to the blender first!

I remember this recipe from many moons ago. I had almost forgotten it until it appeared in  my stocking! Thanks Sandy and Mark! Yum!
HOLIDAY SPICED TEA
1/2 c. instant tea mix
2 c. orange flavored drink mix (Tang)
3/4 c. white sugar (I'll bet you could use Splenda)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
Use 2 heaping teaspoons in boiling water for a delicious hot drink.
Present it to friends or co-workers in a pretty tin with this recipe. They'll love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment