Monday, January 9, 2012

MEATLESS MONDAY

I do my best to have at least one meal a week that includes only vegetables. Therefore, I am always on the lookout for interesting veggie recipes. I am making this one this week if the squash looks good at the market. I will probably add some type of bean and maybe okra or corn on the cob that I still have frozen from last summer's fresh veggies.

FARMER'S MARKET SQUASH SAUTE
1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 c. grape tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
Dash salt (I omit)
1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, saute squash and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella, basil, and salt. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment