Saturday, February 5, 2011

"WHAT DID SHE MAKE THIS TIME?"

From everything I've read it is not recommended to use your guests as "guinea pigs" for new recipes. However, my favorite thing is to try new things-especially recipes. Thus, the title of this blog. I am always game to try new things; and food is no exception! Each week when I make my menu I try to include at least one new recipe. My favorite critic is the hubby. He's pretty traditional- sometimes he tolerates my choices and sometimes he really enjoys them. I always know when he doesn't particularly like the dish when I ask, "How is it?" and he doesn't say anything. If he volunteers that he likes the dish I usually will fix it again at a later date. I really try to find recipes that are "heart healthy" and low in salt and sugar. My family knows that when I cook for holidays or special occasions there will always be an adventure in store! I subscribe to a number of cooking magazines and collect cookbooks. I am often found watching HGTV and the Cooking Channel. I would like to use this blog to share my successes and failures in the kitchen and solicit new ideas from other readers! This week I actually tried 2 new recipes-LEMON POTATOES and FIRE ISLAND ZITI. Stay tuned for further posts for the recipes and results!

No comments:

Post a Comment