Wednesday, February 9, 2011

HERE'S THE VERDICT.......

The PECAN CRUSTED TURKEY CUTLETS were a hit with "The Hubby"! The meal received a "YES" to the question "Will I make it again?". I did learn a couple of tips however. Next time I'm going to start my pan on medium heat instead of on high and going to medium. They were too "dark" to suit me but still tasty.I tend to do this more often than not as I get busy with something else and don't pay close attention to the cooking food. It's called "brain fade"! Anyway, I am including the recipe for all to enjoy.
PECAN CRUSTED TURKEY CUTLETS
1/3 c. all purpose flour, 2 egg whites, 1 egg, (I wonder how egg substitute would do instead??)
3 tbsp. honey Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp. salt (I omit),
2/3 c. dry bread crumbs, 2/3 c. ground pecans, 1 pkg. Turkey breast cutlets, 1/4 c. canola oil
Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl whisk egg whites, egg, mustard, cayenne, and salt.In another shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and pecans. Coat cutlets with flour, then dip in egg mixture then coat with bread crumb mixture.
In a large skillet cook turkey in oil over MEDIUM heat about 2-3 min. per side or until juices run clear.
Our pieces were large so I put 2 in the freezer for another day. I'll let you know how they reheat.
Tonight's dinner is in the crock pot as we speak-BEEF WITH WINE SAUCE SERVED OVER NOODLES. I'll let you know next time if it's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment