Saturday, February 5, 2011

LEMON POTATOES

I LOVE potatoes! So I'm always looking for new ways to fix them! This week I tried the recipe for LEMON POTATOES  from an issue of COOK'S COUNTRY:
Serves 4
2 pounds red potatoes-scrubbed and halved (I quartered them)
2 garlic cloves peeled and smashed, plus 2 cloves minced
1 1/2 tsp. grated zest and 2 tbsp. juice from 1 lemon
1 c. low sodium chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. EVOO (olive oil)
2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley(I only had dried and it was fine)
1. Rinse and drain potatoes
2. Bring potatoes, smashed garlic, lemon juice, chicken broth, and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil in a large non-stick skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered, until potatoes are just tender-12-15 min. Remove lid and increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates, about 5 min.
3. Crisp potatoes-Discard garlic cloves and add oil to pan. Turn all potatoes cut-side down and continue to cook until deep golden brown, about 6 min. off heat, stir in parsley, lemon zest, and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.(I tend to omit salt)

REVIEW: The hubby gave it the silent treatment but ate all of it. I liked it(remember I LOVE potatoes!) They were a wee bit lemony for me but I thought they were a nice alternative to regular potatoes.
WILL I MAKE THEM AGAIN? Probably, but next time I may omit the lemon. I like the way the potatoes crisp up -the consistency is better than boiled red potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment