Saturday, May 19, 2012

SUPER SALAD SATURDAY

I'm constantly looking for recipes that make broccoli more appetizing for "The Hubby". Most of the time we eat it cooked, but once in awhile a broccoli salad comes along that intrigues me. This one has other ingredients that add a touch of "sweet" to the mix.

CRUNCHY BROCCOLI SALAD
8 cups fresh broccoli florets (I like them chopped very small)
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 c. dried cranberries
3 tbsp. canola oil
3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar (My vinegar did not have seasoning)
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 c. sunflower kernels
3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I bought the real bacon in a bag already cut up)

In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onions and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and sugar; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment