Monday, May 7, 2012

MEATLESS MONDAY

This weekend I tried another WEIGHT WATCHER'S recipe that turned out to be delicious. I love it because it uses ingredients I already have in the pantry and it's full of fiber! It can stand alone as a light lunch or accompany an entree for dinner.

BLACK AND WHITE SUMMER BEAN SALAD
1 c. canned white beans, rinsed and drained (I just dumped in a whole can)
1 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained (I used the entire can)
1 large fresh tomato, diced
1 small onion, diced (I used red onion for more flavor)
1 rib celery, diced
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. parsley, Italian, minced (I used dried parsley)
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Gently stir in vinegar and sprinkle with parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment