Thursday, December 8, 2011

THIRSTY THURSDAY

I chose today's recipe because it intrigues me! I haven't tried it yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it sometime during the holidays. I ran across it in my emails from TASTE OF HOME (another excellent cooking publication). Yes, I definitely subscribe to too many food magazines..just ask The Hubby! My philosophy is, "You can't have too many choices when it comes to trying new recipes!" 

MULLED DR. PEPPER
8 c. Dr. Pepper
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. whole cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
In a 3 qt. slow-cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or until heated through. Discard cloves and cinnamon sticks. Yield 8-10 servings

*SURPRISING NUTRITIONAL FACTS: 1 serving=105 calories, 69 mg. sodium, 27 g. carb.
I will probably try this with DIET DR. PEPPER which will definitely help the calories and carbs. Not sure about the taste though. I tend to shy away from diet drinks. DIET DR. PEPPER, however is tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment