Friday, December 9, 2011

FRIDAY'S FAMILY FAVORITE

In keeping with yesterday's theme of recipes including a favorite soft drink I chose the recipe for today. It comes from one of the  favorite cookbooks in my collection RECIPES AND REMEMBRANCES compiled by West Lonsdale Baptist Church (Aunt Deede's former church) in 2000. I have used so many recipes from this book and it remains in a position of honor on my counter with the five books I keep close at hand instead of in the cabinet. In a pinch I can always pick it up and find a great family pleasing dish!

COCA COLA ROAST
3-5 lb. roast, cut of your choice
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix 
1 (12 ou.) Coke or Diet Coke
Place meat in roasting pan and sprinkle soup mix over top. Add Coke, cover and bake at 325 for 3 hours.

RECIPE NOTE: Put this in the oven before you leave for Sunday School and it is done when you get home from church!

No comments:

Post a Comment