Sunday, December 4, 2011

SEAFOOD SUNDAY

I absolutely LOVE catfish! Of course my favorite way to eat it is fried. Anytime we are eating fresh seafood I always look for it first on the menu. Today's recipe is very easy and very good. I prefer to use small fillets from the seafood market but most of the time I'm stuck with frozen.

MUSTARD FRIED CATFISH
2/3 c. yellow cornmeal
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 c. prepared mustard
4 catfish fillets (6 oz. each)
oil for frying (I like canola or peanut)
In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread mustard over both sides of fillets; coat with cornmeal mixture.
In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer heat oil to 375. Fry fillets, a few at a time, for 2-3 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
YIELD: 4 servings
   

No comments:

Post a Comment