Thursday, October 6, 2011

THIRSTY THURSDAY

There's nothing more delicious and thirst quenching than good old southern sweet tea. I like it year round. Some people just have a knack for making it and then there's me. I make it but I can't seem to get it just right. Nowadays I make green tea because it's supposed to be very healthy. I use Splenda to cut down on sugar. I really don't like artificial sweeteners so most of the time the hubby does all the tea drinking at our house. Today's recipes are two that are very good. I have used them before when company comes and they were a hit. Hope you enjoy!

LEMON TEA
 6 cups water
3 family-size tea bags (I use decaf-Luzianne is good)
1(12 oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 c. sugar (Splenda will work)
1/2 tsp. almond extract
Garnish-sliced lemons
In a small saucepan bring water to a boil. Add tea bags; remove from heat, and let steep for 20 minutes. Discard tea bags. In a pitcher or serving bowl, combine remaining ingredients and enough water to make 1 gallon, stir. Garnish with sliced lemons, if desired.

SPARKLING PEACH TEA
1 Crystal Light Peach flavor Low Calorie Iced Tea Mix
3 cups cold water
1 bottle(1 liter) diet ginger ale
Place drink mix in a large plastic or glass pitcher. Add water; stir until mix is dissolved.
Stir in ginger ale just before serving. Pour over ice cubes in 8 tall glasses.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment