Wednesday, October 5, 2011

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

I'm always on the lookout for a "comfort food" that will go in the crockpot and deliver a delicious result. Today's recipe comes from a cookbook my Aunt Deede gave me in 2000. It contains recipes from West Lonsdale Baptist Church. Aunt Deede is an awesome cook. She and my Uncle JF have been married 65 years. He just turned 90 this summer. She has cooked healthy meals for him every day of their marriage. She always fixes a hearty breakfast that includes homemade biscuits. He MUST have his bread; so she fixes cornbread almost every day. By the way, she worked full time until her retirement as well! Even though this particular recipe is not her personal one(I'm not sure she even owns a crockpot); I will include it today and publish some of her favorites at a later date.

CUBED STEAK AND GRAVY
2 pkg. cubed steak (use the amount that will work for your family)
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can milk
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Flour
salt and pepper to taste
oil
Season meat with salt,(I omit) pepper, and flour. Brown on both sides. Place meat in the crockpot. Mix soup, onion soup mix and canned milk and pour over the meat. Cook all day on medium setting.

Fresh broccoli and carrots and mashed potatoes(splurge) would be wonderful as sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment