Wednesday, February 29, 2012

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

One of my favorite "junk foods" is  PETROS. We have a couple of places that serve them in the area, including Thompson Boling Arena. My favorite way to watch BIG ORANGE BASKETBALL is with a PETROS in hand! Imagine my surprise when I found today's recipe which seems very similar and has an extra bonus-It can be made in the crock pot! I think it would be great to serve your guests while watching your favorite team on TV.

FRITO PIE
2 lbs. ground turkey seasoned (browned, salted, and peppered) I will omit salt
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 packet chili seasoning mix (use low sodium)
2(8oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 can Mexicorn
1 can Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans (drained and rinsed) 
oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder

DIRECTIONS:
Place all ingredients in slow cooker (Last 4 ingredients to taste). Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Serve over Fritos and top with sour cream(fat-free of course) and shredded cheese for a yummy FRITO PIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment