Thursday, August 16, 2012

THIRSTY THURSDAY

I've recently discovered frozen fruit at my local grocer. I know it's been around awhile but it takes me awhile to catch on! The hubby and I have recently been making some delicious smoothies with the Visalus program. It's a healthy way to supplement your diet or substitute it for a meal and lose a few pounds. The frozen fruit provides lots of added vitamins and fiber. Today's recipe,however, is from this month's edition of HEALTHY COOKING.

FRUITY SMOOTHIES
2 tbsp. orange juice
2 tbsp. cherry juice blend
1 c. fresh strawberries, hulled
1 c. seedless red grapes
3/4 c. (6oz.) raspberry yogurt (blueberry and strawberry would also work) I'll use Greek yogurt
1/2 fresh or frozen blueberries
In a blender combine all ingredients; cover and process for 20-30 seconds or until blended. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment