Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PECAN BAKED CATFISH

Many times I search the local grocery store for fresh fish to no avail. So, as I shopped for groceries this week, I had to substitute. Kroger carries an excellent line of frozen fish that I buy on a regular basis. The portions are just right for two and the selection is good. I substituted Orange Roughy for Catfish in this recipe and it turned out fine. However, I must say that I am not quite satisfied with the way the pecans stick to the fish. The next time I try it I plan to only put the pecans on one side and avoid turning the fish.
PECAN BAKED CATFISH
4 (5ou.) catfish fillets(may substitute)
butter flavored cooking spray(I just used regular cooking spray with Canola)
3/4 c. pecans finely chopped
2 tbsp. milk
1 egg beaten
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
lemon wedges for garnish
Preheat oven to 400. Rinse thawed catfish in cold water and pat dry. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pecans in a shallow dish, milk, egg, and mustard in another. Dip catfish in milk mixture turning to coat, and then roll in pecans.  Place catfish on baking pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (I omit salt). Bake for 10-12 min. until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment