Tuesday, November 29, 2011

TUESDAY'S TREAT

This week I am hosting my Journey Women group from church for a luncheon. I've really enjoyed getting to know these remarkable ladies. They welcomed me into the group that was already well established. We meet weekly for Bible and book study, sharing joys and hurts, prayer, and planning for outreach projects. The group continues to bless my life! I want to send them home with a little "favor" so I decided to share an old favorite, Peanut Butter Balls. I have made this recipe for as long as I can remember and have no idea where it came from. I DO know it's easy AND yummy!

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS 
 2 sticks margarine
1 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1 box powdered sugar
1 c. coconut
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 c. chocolate chips (I like to use dark chocolate since it contrasts with the sweetness of the powdered sugar)
Melt margarine, let cool. Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add margarine and mix together with your hands. Form into 1 inch balls. Makes about 50 balls. These are very rich so try not to make the balls too large.

No comments:

Post a Comment