Sunday, July 3, 2011

SPECIAL SPINACH SALAD/SPECIAL FRIENDS!

One of my favorite things to do is cook for good friends! Last night I got the chance to do just that when we hosted my "best friend from junior high school" and her hubby. When we were planning the menu she asked if I could fix "that salad with the nuts and craisins". I had to ponder awhile because I have two or three recipes that have nuts or craisins or both but I finally settled on this special spinach salad. It is a nutritious and easy salad that goes well with many entrees and makes good friends happy!

SPECIAL SPINACH SALAD
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp. sugar (I substitute Splenda)
2 tbsp.white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. sour cream (I use fat free sour cream)
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1 pkg. (6 ou.) fresh baby spinach
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (toasted)
1/2 c. dried cranberries  (Craisins)
In ajar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 5 ingredients. Shake well. Divide spinach among 4 salad plates; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with nuts and cranberries. YIELD 4 SERVINGS
 ***The dressing usually makes more than needed and it keeps well in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment